Friendly Songs Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I listen to the songs before I place an order?
- I have a question about corrections to an order I've already placed?
- I have a question about cancellations?
- I have a question about shipping and order tracking?
- I have a question about return policies?
- I have a question about replacement policies?
- I have a question about privacy policies?
- Do you have a catalog?
- Can I mail my order in?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- I'd like to use a check or a credit card that you don't accept. How can I still place an order?
- Will you charge a state tax on my order?
Personalized Music CDs
- How do I listen to the songs before I place an order?
- I have a question about name availability, spelling of names, pronunciation of names, double child names, twins, etc?
- I have a question about the number of tracks on each CD and how many times the child's name is mentioned?
- I wanted to know how the CD is personalized?
- Can I get any name I want?
- Where can I find out more details about each product?
- I received my CD and it doesn't seem to play correctly. What should I do?
The easiest way is to first click on the HOME page button on the menu bar. This let's you hear the name in any of the albums that are available for that name.
- In the text box under the "To Hear Your Child's Name" type your child's name and then click on the "Find Name" button.
- Then click on the Pronunciation that matches your Child's Name.
- Now click on the album you want to listen to.
- The player will automatically begin playing the first track of the album.
- You can click on another track name to hear the next track or just wait until the first track is done playing and it will automatically play the next track.
- Track samples are each 30 seconds long but the full play time is shown next to each track name.
- Also shown are the number of times your Child's Name will be mentioned in each track.
- To listen to another album just click on the "See All Albums" link under the "Find Name" button.
- When your ready to purchase just click on the "Buy Now" button and fill out the order form and then "Add to Cart".
Due to the personalized nature of our items, all sales are final once they are shipped. Upon completion of your order you will receive a receipt with all of your order details emailed to you. Please review your order details carefully and confirm they are correct. If something is not correct, you must contact us to let us know before we ship your products. Please reply to the order confirmation email or call us at 0422321117 immediately. There is no cost to make corrections prior to shipment of your order. When you call us please be prepared to provide us with your First and Last Name, the date you placed your order and your order number.
Any order may be modified or cancelled if you do so prior to us shipping your products. Due to the personalized nature of our items, all sales are final once they are shipped. If you need to cancel an order that hasn't shipped yet please reply to the order confirmation email or call us at 0422321117 immediately. The method of payment you used will be refunded. When you contact us please be prepared to provide us with your First and Last Name, the date you placed your order and your order number.
Please click HERE where our shipping policies and order tracking are described in detail.
Please click HERE where our return policies are described in detail.
If there are any damages upon receipt of your order please let us know. You must notify us within 48 hours of receiving your order to receive a replacement.
Replacements will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Replacement orders, if authorized, will be shipped using the same information as the original order so please review your order confirmation immediately upon placing your order to make sure everything is correct. No Changes or Substitutions will be allowed. Please contact us or call us at 0422321117 immediately. We will promptly assist you. Replacements will be sent to the original shipping address. All replacements are shipped via Australia Post.
Please click HERE where our privacy policies are described in detail.
Currently we do not have a printed catalogue of our products. Since our product line changes frequently we've found most customers prefer the real-time aspect of ordering online, listening to music samples for any of the names we offer, etc. Also, many of our products require some interactive checking to make sure the products that are ordered can be produced as desired by the customer. These interactive checks can not be done on orders that are mailed in.
Mail order forms do not allow the interactive checking mentioned above (See - Do you have a catalog?).
We currently accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards. All orders are processed in real-time through our secure server. All data is encrypted and then sent to our credit card processing company. We also accept payments through Pay-Pal.
The best way to order using a cheque is to sign up for a free Pay-Pal account. When you sign up, you connect your Pay-Pal account to your cheque account. Then, when ever you want to buy something on our site, or many other on-line stores, you just use your Pay-Pal account when completing your order. The money you spend is transferred from your cheque account to Pay-Pal. Pay-Pal then transfers the same amount of money to our Pay-Pal account. We never have access to your personal cheque account information so your personal information remains secure. You can also set up your Pay-Pal account to use a great many different types of credit cards instead of your cheque account. If you would like to sign up for a Pay-Pal account click on the following link: PayPal. After you complete your registration with Pay-Pal, return to Personalized Friendly Songs to complete your order. Select the Pay-Pal option during checkout.
Safe Shopping Through Your PayPal Account. Friendly Songs is a Verified Vendor with PayPal.
Since we are a company based in Australia, a state sales tax of 10% is already included in our listed prices.
I have a question about name availability, spelling of names, pronunciation of names, double child names, twins, etc?
Our Name Wizard on our site is designed to help you determine the answers to these questions. First, ,search for the name your looking for to see if it is available in any of our collections of music.
- If the name / pronunciation is available it will be displayed along with which albums are currently available for that name.
- If the name / pronunciation isn't available, we can record it as a custom name. Click HERE to see our Custom Name albums.
- We do have some common double names. We can also record a double name, as long as it doesn't have to many syllables, as a Custom Name.
- We can't do twins or two children's names because the music is all written with the perspective of only one child in the songs.
I have a question about the number of tracks on each CD and how many times the child's name is mentioned?
Each Personalized Music Collection has a mini-FAQ section at the top of the items description page on the "Other Details" tab. The number of tracks, the number of name mentions and the playing time for each track are noted here. They are also shown on the sample tracks player which is described above.
The CD label will include your child's name and personalized message as you've entered it on the order form. The pronunciation field is used to make sure we get the right pronunciation of your child's name regardless of how you spell your child's name. The pronunciation field will not show up on the label. The personalization text on the CD label will be in all capital letters regardless of how it is entered in the order form. The order form will limit the number of characters you can put on the CD. This is done so we can be sure to fit all of the personalized message on the face of the CD label.
Yes, any name can be recorded in our music CDs. If the name is not available as a standard name, then for an additional charge we can have your child's name produced as a Custom Name.
Each product has it's own mini-FAQ section under the "Other Details" tab at the top of the page. Please click there to read the details about each item.
First, let me ask you a few quick questions: • Can you see any scratches on the back of the CD? • Does is seem to skip in exactly the same spot each time you try and play it? • Does it seem to jump around, maybe even from song to song? • Have you tried the CD in any other players or in a computer? The reason for these questions is we've found that some of our customers CD players are not very compatible with the newer generation of computer generated audio CDs. It's kind of rare but it does happen occasionally. Often, when the CD is played in another player it sounds fine but in that particular player it doesn't. If that is the case, sending a replacement CD probably will not solve the problem and it would do the same thing. Since we test every CD before it is shipped, 99% of the time when this type of problem occurs it seems to play fine in another player. If however it skips in the same place on different players then it is probably a small scratch, even if you can't see it. In this case a replacement CD should solve the problem. If that's the case we can send you out a replacement. Please contact us or call us at 0422321117 and we will be glad to assist you.